Best selling courses include
Safeguarding Children - for Education - Level 1
Safeguarding Children - for Education - Advanced
Online Safety - Risks to Children
Safeguarding Against Radicalisation - The Prevent Duty
Safeguarding Children with Disabilities
Gangs and Youth Violence
Female Genital Mutilation
Our online learners said:
"Brilliant - really user friendly, lots of content and easy to complete at times to suit me"
"I love that I can go back in and refresh my knowledge when I need to, very useful links as well, thanks"
How it works:
Call 01243 544 960 to order your licence/s
(you have a whole year to issue them)
We email each learner inviting them to log in to their own account
They log in and begin their course/s
Once complete they download their CPD accredited certificate.
E-learning for Education and Social Care Professionals
You will already have an established process for accessing face to face training for your staff teams. But have you wondered if there could be a better way? A more cost and time efficient system, easy to access whilst still ensuring the same high quality training standards.
We are now able to offer an extensive range of quality professional development courses especially designed for those where Safeguarding and Pastoral Care is a consideration.
Through our online learning portal, access to Accredited courses can now be a simple and cost effective addition to any Professional Development strategy.
On-line and Blended training, the flexible way to maximise professional development
Online training has come a long way since its early days and we believe it has now has now come of age. With thoughtfully designed course structures that cater to people’s diverse learning styles and other advantages – such as a lower cost and greater flexibility for students now is agreat time to embed some online training into your school or other setting's learning environment for staff.
Our courses are all CPD accredited and use professionally designed clear layouts. They offer easy access through almost any computer or on i-pads and other tablets. Courses are modular by design, so learners can complete their training at times and places to suit them. They can complete the course in one session or finish each module, save their place and go back later to take on additional modules when it is convenient.
We can offer a wide range of courses relevant to anyone where a good understanding of safeguarding and pastoral care of children and young people is required for their continued service.
Face to Face vs Online training
Benefits of face to face learning
- Direct, personal training from trainers who have expertise in their field
- Learning with a group of participants who can share ideas and network together
- Space away from the workplace which enables participants to focus on learning without distraction
- An opportunity to raise follow-up questions and discuss dilemmas in real time
- Interactive training that suits different learning styles
- Content can be adapted to suit the learning needs of group members
- An effective way to consider abstract concepts and learn soft skills
Benefits of OnLine learning
- The flexible way to complete training at your own pace and in your own time
- Access to the course for one year from the start date
- The opportunity to revisit course content and access refresher materials at any time
- Training can be completed without time out from work
- Access to high quality training at a fraction of the cost
- Content can be adapted to suit the learning needs of group members
- Online learning minimises the cost of venues, time and travel
- An effective way to learn procedures and gain knowledge about processes
Benefits of Blended Learning
- Blended learning combines the best learning methods – personal + online
- Blended learning can build on and consolidate online learning
- Blended learning is efficient and cost effective for budget holders
- Blended learning provides for all personal learning styles
- Blended learning is the flexible approach for busy professionals
- Blended learning is the current “gold standard” for professional learning and development
Positive Learning's Online
Click here or on the
logo below to access our online training portal with course listings and full details of course content etc.
- Abuse Related to Beliefs in Witchcraft
- Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery
- Autism Awareness
- Bullying and Cyberbullying
- Child Sexual Exploitation - Level 1
- Child Sexual Exploitation - Level 2
- Child Sexual Exploitation - Levels 1 and 2
- Domestic Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Epilepsy Awareness
- Online Safety - Risks to Children
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Gangs and Youth Violence
- Information Sharing and Consent - for People Working with Children
- Safeguarding Against Radicalisation - The Prevent Duty
- Safeguarding (Awareness)
- Safeguarding (Awareness) - for Higher Education
- Safeguarding Children (Awareness) - for Health and Social Care
- Safeguarding Children - Level 1
- Safeguarding Children - for Education - Level 1
- Safeguarding Children - Level 2
- Safeguarding Children - Levels 1 and 2
- Safeguarding Children - for Education - Advanced
- Safeguarding Children with Disabilities
- Safer Recruitment
- Sexual Abuse and Recognising Grooming
- Substance Misuse
- Teenage Pregnancy
- Understanding Behaviour of Children and Young People
Our courses are useful for all those who regularly work with children and young people.
Safeguarding Children Level 1 and Safeguarding Children - for Education - Level 1 provide a healthy overview for anyone working with children potentially at risk. These courses will help you to identify abuse, and how to move forward if you’re concerned for a child’s wellbeing. learn the importance of prevention and determine appropriate intervention. The course will cover abuse from all different angles – who abuses children and the different ways in which children are abused, the causes of abuse and how to recognise signs from the victim or perpetrator, the effects of abuse on children and how to (and not to) respond to these concerns. You’ll also come away with information about how to handle these situations legally.
Safeguarding Children Level 2 and Safeguarding Children - for Education - Advanced are advanced courses for those who already have the basic knowledge needed to be a successful caregiver or employee in this space. These courses explain what to do before referring a case appropriately, and what to do after the referral as well.
Costs and more information
Courses vary from £10 - £30 per licence, discounts are available for 10 or more licences bought at the same time. Call us on 01243 544 960 / 07891 513 929 or click here to use our contact form for more information on pricing, course details and to order licences.
All our online courses are CPD Accredited
- what does this mean?
Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality. The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.
Research and Published articles
Click below for an article by Troy Foster of e3learning looking at the comparitive merits of different learning styles: